Welcome to my receipe blog!

The following are receipe which I have invented or adapted over the years. I offer them up for you to try and adapt to your own requirements. If you come up with any brilliant variations, it would be lovely to hear about them in the comments!

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Broccoli and Stilton Soup

This is one of my very own recipes and was inspired by sweary celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay. The playdoh-faced bully was laying to some hapless cook for serving a broccoli soup that contained about 27 different ingredients; Ramsay insisted that it should only have broccoli and water. I thought he was probably right, but I couldn't bear to agree with a professional git like him, so I added Stilton to mine and here it is:

2 heads of broccoli
1 piece supermarket cheapest Stilton or similar blue cheese
some tap water
  1. Cut the broccoli into florets and steam in a vegetable steamer* (don't throw the water away).
  2. Use a hand blender** to puree the broccoli, adding the water from the steamer until it reaches the desired consistency
  3. Crumble in a much or as little Stilton as you like and stir until it melts into the soup.

It's that simple!

The soup is really tasty and can be divided into portions and frozen. I don't recommend that you eat it before any important social occasions, though as it will make you fart like a builder. You've been warned!

* Yes, you can use a normal pan if you don't have one
** and you have my permission to use a potato masher or improvise as necessary if you don't have one of these either.

No comments:

Post a Comment